About the Role:
We are looking for a Front-End Web Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Good understanding of ReactJS.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Develop new user-facing features
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Optimise application for maximum speed and scalability
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use